Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Douglas County Commissioner Nancy Thellman chats on LJWorld.com

Comments

Liberal 1 year, 5 months ago

Since Nancy decided to post lengthy post on Franks Chat and I know Frank would not do something so crass. I thought I would do it for him, I have no shame.

Frank Male is Fiscally Responsible I pledge to be an excellent steward of taxpayer dollars, and to take a conservative, common sense approach to budgetary matters. My priority for our limited resources will be to concentrate on core governmental functions of public safety, essential human services and infrastructure. I know the difference between “wants” and “needs” in this economically challenging time.

Frank Male is for Opportunities for All I will be a strong advocate for economic development efforts that would bring a wide range of opportunities for all citizens. I am the candidate who will foster a positive attitude and environment for businesses and will contribute to those efforts of Baldwin City, Eudora, Lawrence and Douglas County.

Frank Male is a Small Business Owner Having been a small business owner in Douglas County for over 25 years, I have first-hand experience in working within a budget, meeting a payroll, and making difficult decisions that a leader must make. I want to bring that experience to Douglas County and put my decision-making skills to work for you.

Frank Male believes in Private Property Rights As a landowner in rural Douglas County with experience of having served on the Lawrence-Douglas County Metropolitan Planning Commission, I will work hard to protect the individual rights and liberties of private property owners throughout Douglas County while also recognizing the need for organized and planned growth.

Phil Minkin 1 year, 6 months ago

While Nancy is a proponent of economic growth in Douglas County , she understands that it can't be at the expense of of our quality of life. We are a rich community, not only because of a growing economy, but because of our attention to the arts, the environment and the well being of all our citizens, and Nancy works to support all of those components.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.