The Lawrence Journal-World's roots extend back to 1891 when Wilford Collins Simons came to Lawrence and acquired The Lawrence Record. W.C. Simons launched the Lawrence Journal on March 2, 1892, acquired the Lawrence World in 1905 and merged the Journal and World in 1911. The Simons family's ownership of the paper continued until 2016, when West Virginia-based Ogden Newspapers Inc. purchased the paper.
- Scott Stanford
Published daily by Ogden Newspapers of Kansas LLC at Seventh and New Hampshire streets, Lawrence, KS 66044-0122.
What the Lawrence Journal-World stands for:
• Accurate and fair news reporting.
• No mixing of editorial opinion with reporting of the news.
• Safeguarding the rights of all citizens, regardless of race, creed or economic stature.
• Sympathy and understanding for all who are disadvantaged or oppressed.
• Exposure of any dishonesty in public affairs.
• Support of projects that make our community a better place to live.